Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Iqtishodia: Jurnal Ekonomi Syariah is a scientific journal that serves as a means of developing intellectual lecturers and academics of Islamic economic activists.
This journal published by the Department of Islamic Economic Law, Institut Agama Islam (IAI) Al-Qolam. This is published since 2016 and regularly publish an article twice a year in March and September. This journal consist of 5 articles since Vol. 3, No.1 (March 2018), accepting articles in the fields of muamalah, Islamic business ethics, Islamic business management, sharia accounting, Islamic insurance, Islamic microfinance, zakat, waqf and philanthropy, Islamic marketing management, Islamic finance management, Islamic strategic management, Islamic operation management, Islamic human resource management, Islamic e-business, with the standard of research method for publication. The articles can be written by researchers, academics, practitioners, and observers in the field of Islamic Economics and Banking who are interested to research in the area.
1. All manuscripts must be submitted through Iqtishodia: Jurnal Ekonomi Syariah via Online Submission at (http://ejournal.alqolam.ac.id/index.php/iqtishodia/about/submissions)
2. The author submitting a manuscript does have the understanding that if the corresponding paper is accepted, then the copyright will be assigned to Iqtishodia: Jurnal Ekonomi Syariah editorial office, as the publisher of the journal. To do so, we obliged the author to submit the signed of Ethics Statement, Authorship Agreement, and Copyright Statement form (we expect the author to download the document, and then scan and send it after signing to the journal email address at [email protected]
3. The article is original guaranteed by the writer and is not published in the other journals/proceedings.
4. The statement contribution toward the development of science and technology is from the new findings/ideas/opinions which prioritize the current primary references in the latest ten years. We expect the author to clearly give a statement of novelty within the introductory section. (e.g. there are a few numbers of research….; the novelty of this research…; etc.)
5. The article is an empirical study. The sharpness of critically analysis and synthesis is prioritized.
6. The review process is conducted in a double-blind review process with the peer group system, which is reinforced by the qualified reviewers in their field.
7. The article is written according to the rule of journal Muqtasid and an editorial team reserves the right to revise the style of writing with a note that it does not change the intent and quality of the article.
8. Questionnaires and other instruments. Manuscript articles that use primary data research or experimentation must also include the survey document as the supplementary document.
9. The authors are obliged to send the results of data processing as well as tables and the original image file via email.
10. Results of the assessment possibilities articles can be:
a. Accepted with minor revisions.
b. Received with major revisions.
c. Suggested sent to another appropriate journal.
A. The Writing Guidance
1. The article is well-written in Indonesia or English ranging from 4500 words until 6000 words. The writing of a foreign language is italicized. Typed single space for the abstract. One and half-space for content and references. Written by font Times New Roman (TNR) 12pt size and indent for paragraphs are 1cm.
2. The paper size is A4 (210 x 297 mm), it is one column and the page setup is: top margin 2.5cm; bottom margin 2.5 cm; left margin 2.25cm and right margin 2.25cm.
3. The font size for the title is TNR 14pt; it is capitalized, bolded and left-justified.
4. After the title, it is followed by the author (without the title). It is TNR 12pt, capitalized each word, bolded and left-justified.
5. Under the author, it is the institution and the email at TNR 12pt, capitalized each word, without bolded and left-justified. For example the Department of Islamic Economics Law, Faculty of Syariah, IAI Al-Qolam.
6. The font size for the sub-part in the article is TNR 12pt, capitalized each word, bolded and left justified and without any bullet and numbering.
All table form as an example. Table title is placed on the table with left justified. For example:
Hasil Uji Signifikansi Parameter Individual (Uji Statistik t).
10. The total page does not exceed 30 pages, including the references and appendices (if any).
B. The Article Systematic
The article systematic includes the title; the identity of the author (without a title); abstract; keywords; introduction (without sub-sections), method; result and discussion; conclusion and recommendation and references. While discussion about literature review and previous studies included in the introduction or result and analysis.
C. The Article Format
1. Title. The title must be interesting, specific and informative, which is measured by directness in writing.
2. The author's identity. It includes the author’s name (without the title), the institution, and the email.
3. Abstract. It is written in about 200 words, in two languages; Bahasa Indonesia and English. Abstract in English is written first and then abstract in Bahasa Indonesia. The abstract should include the purpose of research, data/object of research, method, result or conclusion.
4. Keywords. The keywords should be written in English. Keywords should be chosen carefully and are able to reflect the concepts/variables contained in the article, with the number of three to five keywords.
5. Introduction. It is the state of arts of the research, which consists of the background of the study, the motivation of the study, the theories and the objectives of the study. It is written in the form of a paragraph.
6. Method. It consists of the research design (the method, the data, the data source, the data collecting technique, the data analysis technique, the measurement of the variables) that written in the form of a paragraph.
7. Result and discussion. It contains the results of empirical or theoretical study written by systematic, critical analysis, and informative. The use of tables, images, etc. only to support or clarify the discussion and is confined only to support substantial information, e.g, tables of statistical tests, the results of model testing, etc. Discussion of results should be argumentative regarding the relevance of the results, theory, previous research, and empirical facts, as well as demonstrate the novelty of the findings.
8. Conclusion and suggestion. It consists of the conclusion, clarity of new findings, new theories and the possibility of future research development.
9. References. The reference use APA Citation Style. The degree of sophistication of materials referred to in the span of 10 years. The references are expected to be 80% of the primary sources originated from the national and international journals. Writing citations referenced in the script should use reference application (reference manager) such as Mendeley, Endnote, or Zotero.